Wednesday, April 21, 2010

For good times and bad times

Did you ever have one of those days, or weeks, or maybe months where you just can't find the motivation to do much of anything. The house is a wreck, your two year old floods your toilet, dinner consists of a box of cereal and some milk, your four year old brings a bucket of sand into the house to play with, the kids never even get dressed for the day, you don't have the money to pay for your medical bills that keep piling up, your five year old informs you it's about time to do some laundry, and you go to bed alone and lonely because either your husband's not around or because you feel like your husband's not emotionally around? Maybe I'm the only one, but it's been one of those days...for the last couple of days.
Andrea called me this morning to see what happening for the day, and apparently I had had enough. That one innocent question threw me over the edge and I literally started bawling on the phone unloading a few weeks of frustration, and anger, and anything else that was bothering me. Poor Andrea just wanted to find out what I was up to. As we were talking I hear her get into the car and I asked what she was doing today and she informed me she was on her way over to give me a hug. Seriously? She was going to drive a half hour to hug me? Oh yeah and do my dishes, and start some laundry, and sweep my floor, and vacuum my carpets, and sort and put away my winter coats, and listen to me cry some more, and just be a sister in the best form of that word. As she was leaving to go pick up Luke, she actually apologized that she hadn't been able to do more, but I think maybe I can take it from here...maybe.
We are so lucky to have Nate and Andrea here, they have helped us through some bad times, and have been apart of all the good times we've had this last year. Heavenly Father knew what he was doing sending us here. I count among one of the biggest blessing of being here getting my old friend back. The friend I told I had a crush on a California boy to, the friend who let me dance for her and who ever else may have been watching in the lab, the friend who made me not only feel beautiful, but look beautiful in my wedding dress, the friend who told me about all the gross stuff about pregnancy and birth no one else dares to tell you, and now the friend who is surviving and understanding the crazy life of an almost doctors wife.
Here's to you Andrea, and your half hour drives to hug someone. I really needed it today.

4 comments:

  1. I totally miss having a friend like that, you are really lucky!!! You are an amazing mom and wife, just let those days roll out into the ocean of time. Love you Nae!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe. I love Andrea!!!! Heavenly Father is *really* looking out for you because I was calling this morning to unload my frustrations on YOU. LOL! I love you! Hang in there . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me cry! You know I love you, so why does it suprise you that I would drive over to give you a hug? :) Seriously, you are amazing and you should NOT feel bad about having days like this. (We all have them and if someone says they don't they are either lying, insane or don't have kids.) Sheila, I love you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey DeNae, sorry to hear things are rough! You make me nervous for residency to start. :) I wish I could come over and watch your kids for you. I honestly don't know many who are as optimistic in trials as you are. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete