Thursday, April 15, 2010

Getting caught up... almost


I feel like I haven't updated in a while, I wanted Sheila to have her good long run of glory, but now it's back to my life and what's been going on. I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton of stuff, but I'll try to remember the highlights.
Grandma Israelsen came to visit us in the beginning of March. The kids LOVED having her and so did I. I also didn't mind that the kids really didn't want anything to do with me the whole week she was here. She read hundreds of books, went on tons of adventures in the wooded lot across the street, played blocks, built amazing lego creations, went on lots and lots of walks, and let me take naps. Nothing's better than having a grandma here.

While grandma was here we went and had lunch with Ethan at school. Leah loved all the attention from the kids and teachers, and Matthew loved feeling like a big kid

The week Grandma left we celebrated St. Patrick's Day with Nate and Andrea and the kids, and Nate's brother Keith and his wife Pamela and their family. I make corned beef and cabbage (don't mock it until you've had my corned beef and cabbage, it's super good), all the trimmings and a super cool rainbow cake, that the inside was all rainbow swirls.


Wednesday morning I made green eggs and ham for Ethan and Leah, but Matty wanted nothing to do with it. He said it was too yucky to eat.
I've also been crafting, because I'm a stay at home mom and hey what else am I supposed to do? I really like this little set for birthday gifts.

I'm done for tonight, but keep looking I'll post more soon.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah!! I get to be the first comment!! I was hoping for pics of our crafts but maybe later, right? I am still sick but finally got on antibiotics and lots of other stuff so hopefully I will be able to feel better before you get here! I love the cute little bows you made, and I want you to bring them to show me!! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I am sad to see my glory come to an end, I do love seeing what you were up to IN EARLY MARCH. LOL! Cynthia looks amazing!!! I love the first pic of her with the kids! I'm really going to have work on having her come visit me -- it's a much shorter commute, at least. Or, I guess I could always just drop them off at her house. Can you imagine? "Hey Ned and Cynthia, here are my kids, I'm off to the Bahamas for a week." I can dream, right?

    I love the birthday set! Have I mentioned that Sofi refuses to wear bows now? I could cry....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously? I can't believe Sofi would refuse to do anything. She has such a mild temperament. We missed you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hve you met *MY* daughter???? She is EXACTLY like me....... *sigh*

    I missed you guys tons. I'm so jealous. :(

    ReplyDelete