Thursday, March 25, 2010

These are a few of her favorite things


I thought it would be nice to actually archive some things about Leah...things I say I'll never forget but am sure to do so.

Height: 34"
Weight: 26 Lbs.
Nick names: Grace, Gracie girl, Little Lady Leah Lou, Gracie Lou Freebush,
Favorite food: Chicken nuggets, tortilla soup, and chocolate milk
Favorite color: PINK and pink, and anything pink
Favorite song: Happy Birthday, Popcorn Popping and I am a Child of God
Favorite Phrase: Where's mommy? or anyone else she can't or even can see at the moment
Favorite Person: Eleanor Duncan "Ellie" Leah is a bit over the top about Ellie and goes as far as to sleep with a laminated picture of her.
Best friend: Lily Tracey
Favorite book: Doggies, or anything by Sandra Boynton
Lovies: Leah has two blankies and a stuffed chicken named Betty Bok-bok.
Favorite things to do: Sit on the potty, brush her teeth, take a bath, dance dance, read books, play chase, bother her brothers, cry on mom's leg, get dressed (at least 5 times a day), sing, play in Tia's room, put on chapstick, watch Elmo, story time, coloring, wave out the window at anyone leaving the house, and many many more.

Leah is a very active, and very, shall we say, determined little girl. She really can set the tone in the house with her huge personality. She is so much fun to have around and is growing and learning so fast, she's starting to make jokes, and learning how to make people laugh. She's learning to count, and is recognizing letters and is trying to sing her ABC's. Life would be pretty dull around here without our wonderful Gracie girl. We feel so blessed to have her in our lives.

4 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful. I love the little pink tu tu she was wearing outside, so precious. Those cup cakes looked amazing, what a cute idea! Thanks for the updates:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, now I'm sad. I feel like I don't know Leah very well. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how big Leah is getting! She's gorgeous! You did leave out one nickname -- Leah Renee. :(

    So, let me count, we have one post about your husband and socks, one about your sisters, one post about Matty, FOUR posts about Leah, and . . . Wait! Don't you have another kid in there somewhere? *I* love you, Ethan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has nothing to do with Leah, or any of your posts, but since you take SOOO long between posts and you NEVER return phone calls, I've resorted to updating you about *my* life on your blog.

    So, we were watching the news this weekend on our TELEVISION (yep, they have those here) and Sean overheard something about West Virginia and immediately yells out, "SOFI! WE'VE been to West Virginia!!!!" She replied matter-of-factly, as usual, "Yeah...we have." So cute!

    Later that day I was talking about a colleague of mine being in China and Sean asked, "Where's China?" I kept my answer simple, "It's very far away." His immediate next question, "Oh, so it's in West Virginia?!?!" Now...knowing that this conversation would evolve into a game of 20 questions in which Sean would stump me by question 3 (world history/geography/social studies has never been a strong subject for me), and that ultimately, I would have to admit that, in fact, I do NOT know everything (he still believes that I do), I did what any good mother would do. I replied, "YES! China is in West Virginia!" Completely satisfied with my answer, he said, "Oh." and went on with his day. Please remind me to revisit the relationship, or lack thereof, between China and West Virginia sometime between now and when his sixth grade teacher asks the class, "Does anyone know where China is?" Good grief....Don't try to pretend you would have done it any differently. ;-p

    I really love that the only reference point my kids have outside of Long Beach is West Virginia, and that it has this exotic, mysterious sentiment for them. I hope their soon-to-be-spouses aren't horrified when they suggest a romantic honeymoon in...West Virginia?!?!?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete